Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Nutella Krispie Treats

How do you make rice krispie treats better? Add Nutella! I didn't come up with this recipe, but I was more than happy to make them.
 

Ingredients Used:
10 Ounces of Marshmellows
3/4-1 Cup of Nutella
1/2 Stick of Butter
6 Cups of Rice Krispies

I started by buttering the inside of a 9x13 pan. I did this ahead of time because I knew when the treats were done they'd need to go right into it.  I then melted the butter in a large sauce pan and added in the marshmellows. I stirred until almost all of the marshmellows were melted and then I added in a HUGE spoonful of Nutella.  By eyeing it I could tell that it was around 3/4 - 1 cups worth - add more if you like.


I stirred it in until just melted and then added all of the rice krispies. Once they were evenly coated I scraped the krispies into the pan. To flatten them I like to use a ziploc bag as a glove.  Slightly butter it and it won't stick to the treats, plus no mess afterward.

I waited about 10 minutes (while they cooled in the fridge) before cutting into them and then treated myself to one....or two...I think.  All I can say is that they were delicious and not your ordinary rice krispie treat!
 

A few items worth mentioning:
  • My Cuisinart 9x13 Non-Stick Cake Pan has many uses. Cakes, brownies, lasagne, the list goes on.
  • Want perfect clean cuts on your brownies and treats? Turn them out onto a cutting board or wax paper and run the pizza cutter through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment