Sunday, January 8, 2012

My TWO Ingredient Crockpot Pulled Pork

I've been making this for years.  I used to tease my former vegetarian daughter that it was the one meat she still secretly snuck bites of when nobody was looking, because it's that good.  I'm going to let my pictures speak for themselves and limit my words.  This is definitely something ANYONE can make, it takes no skill whatsoever.  It makes a great, easy dinner or even better for potlucks! Just double or triple the recipe to feed a larger crowd. People will want your recipe and be amazed at how easy it is.

Set the crockpot to high
1 Lean Pork Roast (I buy these 4-packs from Costco. Each roast is approx. 2 lbs.)
 
 Put the roast in the crockpot.
Measure out about 1/2-3/4 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce. (I never measure, but figured I would this time.)
 
Pour the sauce over the pork, then put the lid on and walk away for about 5-6 hours.
 Come back and this is the result, usually about 1 cup of liquid left. 
Now take two forks and pull/shred the meat, it'll soak up all those juices.
Finally dish it up! I serve it with extra BBQ sauce, horseradish (my fave), regular and spicy dill pickles and don't forget the coleslaw.


The only item worth mentioning:
  • A Crockpot! If you don't have one, please get one. They are a wonderful, versatile appliance and inexpensive too!

No comments:

Post a Comment